Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Quick Mommy Recipe # 1

Before baby, I cooked every Sunday night for hubs and I. But since baby, I have been slacking. Sure I cook the occasional easy chicken with brown rice and veggies, or even light penne vodka with turkey sausage and sometimes fajitas. But I thought I should try to do a little more. So the other night I made short ribs and they came out AMAZING and gave me enough time to be with baby too and cook for him! 


Short Rib Recipe for Busy Moms

4 Bone in short ribs (Came out to $22 at Fairway)
A vidalia Onion (Halved. One half chopped and the other half set aside)
A container of BBQ sauce (I use Sweet baby rays Hickory and Brown Sugar)
Salt


1. Take other half of onion, pam a baking sheet and place onion on it.
2. Set oven to350 degrees
3. Put ribs in greased pyrex, season with salt, cover with chopped onions and slather with sauce
4. Bake for 2.5 hours with tinfoil on top
5. Last 30 minutes, take off foil and put onion on baking sheet in
6. Voila! You have falling off the bone short ribs for you guys and a baked onion for baby


Plus, the time in the oven, gave me time for nap, snack, and playtime

ENJOY :)

No comments:

Post a Comment